Ready to hit the road for your summer vacation? Check out our list of tips below to ensure a safe and smooth ride to your destination.
- Get Your Car Tuned Up – Sit aside some time the week before the trip to get a tune-up. This ensures that your car is ready to take on the road and keep you safe.
- Get a good night’s sleep – Planning to get on the road early in the morning? Be sure to get a good night’s sleep the night before your trip. It is recommended that you should get at least 7-9 hours to ensure that you are awake and alert for your road trip.
- Split Up Your Drive – Whether you prefer to make a stop halfway through the trip and spend the night in a new city, or share the drive between drivers, it is important to make sure that the driver is able to take a break every few hours to rest.
- Ignore Phone Calls – While it can be tempting to answer a phone call while on a long trip, it is more important to let it go to voicemail and check it later. This ensures that the driver is completely aware and alert on the road.
- Pack an Emergency Kit – Even if you follow all the these tips to ensure a smooth travel experience, accidents and emergencies can still happen. Packing an emergency kit can help keep things calm in the event of an accident. Some essentials to pack include: jumper cables, a flashlight, a first aid kit, non-perishable food items and water, an ice scraper, etc.
Follow these simple steps to help ensure a safe and enjoyable ride to your summer vacation destination. If you are ever in an accident call Kevin Crooks, PLLC.