Ready to hit the road for your summer vacation? Check out our list of tips below to ensure a safe and smooth ride to your destination.
- Get Your Car Tuned Up – Set aside some time the week before the trip to get a tune-up. This ensures that your car is ready to take on the road and keeps you safe.
- Get a good night’s sleep – Planning to get on the road early in the morning? Be sure to get a good night’s sleep the night before your trip. It is recommended that you should get at least 7-9 hours to ensure that you are awake and alert for your road trip.
- Split Up Your Drive – Whether you prefer to make a stop halfway through the trip and spend the night in a new city, or share the drive between drivers, it is important to make sure that the driver is able to take a break every few hours to rest.
- Ignore Phone Calls – While it can be tempting to answer a phone call while on a long trip, it is more important to let it go to voicemail and check it later. This ensures that the driver is completely aware and alert on the road.
- Pack an Emergency Kit – Even if you follow all these tips to ensure a smooth travel experience, accidents and emergencies can still happen. Packing an emergency kit can help keep things calm in the event of an accident. Some essentials to pack include jumper cables, a flashlight, a first aid kit, non-perishable food items and water, an ice scraper, etc.
Follow these simple steps to help ensure a safe and enjoyable ride to your summer vacation destination. If you are ever in an accident call Kevin Crooks, PLLC.