This is an advertisement

Don’t Let Social Media Ruin Your Accident Claim

Social media is a great place to share your life with your friends and family. However, it can be used against you in legal disputes. Anything you post on the internet can be misinterpreted and used as evidence in the courtroom. 

Your internet presence includes:

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • TikTok
  • Snapchat
  • Blogging sites

Posting on Social Media After An Accident

Insurance claim adjusters are looking for ways to maintain the company profit margin high and avoid giving you the settlement you deserve. You might be used to sharing your life’s ups and downs on Facebook. But, after being involved in an accident, our advice is to stay off social media until the case is resolved. That way, the insurance adjuster will not be able to use your words against you. We at Kevin Crooks Injury Law are invested in your best interest and want to give you the best chance possible to maximize your settlement terms. 

Delete or Deactivate Your Profile 

An unfortunate aspect of social media is that even if you don’t post something that could jeopardize your case’s success, other people can post something negative and tag you in their posts. Don’t let someone else make you look bad. The best way to prevent this is to delete your social profile or temporarily deactivate it while your case is still pending. If you don’t want to delete your profile, the next best practice is to set your profile to private. This way, insurance adjusters can’t take a look at your profile at all without becoming your friend. 

Contact Us

An accident can complicate your life and give you immediate problems involving medical expenses, pain and suffering, and the inability to function normally at work or home. If you’ve been injured in an accident in Kentucky, please contact us now for a free initial consultation to see how we can be of service to you. The sooner, the better.

Schedule your Free Consultation Today

Our team will listen to you, answer your questions, and help you to know if you can recover damages for your injury.
(502) 583-6667