This is an advertisement

What To Do After Being Hit By An Uninsured Driver

While it is illegal to drive a car without insurance, many people still choose to do so. Unfortunately, none of us are perfect drivers and accidents can and do happen. If you find yourself hit by a driver who does not have insurance, there are specific ways to handle the situation to ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.

Once you have received any necessary medical attention and are recovering from any injuries, the first thing you should do is contact an attorney and schedule a consultation. There is a lot of information that goes into an auto collusion case, and it is best to have a professional review your information before you decide to take any action against the driver.

If your case has little to no information, for example, a hit-and-run situation, there may still be ways for you to collect compensation. One way to do this is to file an uninsured motorist claim against your insurance provider. In most cases, they will reward you with a sum of money to cover any actual damages. Actual damages include damage to your car and injuries you have sustained. Unfortunately, most insurance companies will not cover any punitive or nominal damage that you may have suffered beyond physical injury.

If you have information from the driver and want to try and receive all of the compensation that you deserve a professional attorney will be able to provide you with the help you need. One important thing to remember is to seek legal aid as soon as possible and gather as much information as you can. The longer you wait to take action the less likely you will be able to file a claim.

If you have been hit by an uninsured driver, call Kevin Crooks Injury Law today to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our professional attorneys. The sooner you reach out to us the better.

Schedule your Free Consultation Today

Our team will listen to you, answer your questions, and help you to know if you can recover damages for your injury.
(502) 583-6667